Having bad breath is very annoying. When you know you are suffering from bad breath, you need to do all means to stop it. It can be very embarrassing when you know that people don’t like being near you because your breath stinks.
Here are some ways that you can do to get rid of bad breath and bring back your confidence:
- Dry mouth is a breeding ground for bacteria. Make it a habit to swish with water when your mouth becomes dry.
- After a romantic dinner, treat parsley not just a garnish but a remedy to quickly freshen your breath. Parsley is a natural deodorizer with germ-fighting capabilities.
- Eat an orange fruit. Orange has citric acid which stimulates the salivary gland and makes sure that you have a steady flow of saliva in your mouth. Avoid food items that contribute to a smelly breath such as garlic, onions, or putrid cheese.
- Scrape your tongue with a spoon or a tongue scraper. Your tongue has a lot of bacteria which ferment proteins but produces a smelly gas in the process. Scraping your tongue will remove these bacteria so that you can rinse them away.
- There are spices and herbs in your kitchen that can fight bad breath. Cloves have potent anti-bacterial properties. Take one clove then dent it with your teeth. Don’t chew it. Breaking it with your teeth is enough to release its aromatic oil. If you feel a little sting, bear with it. When its essence is all gone, you can spit it out. Don’t use clove oil or clove powder as substitute as they are very strong and cause burn.
- Other herbs and spices that are good to remove the odor of halitosis include fennel, cardamom, anise seeds, fennel, and cinnamon.
- Choose a therapeutic oral rinse over commercial mouthwash. Therapeutic oral rinse can help get rid of the compounds that produce bad breath.
- Tea-tree oil is a natural disinfectant. Choose toothpaste which contains tea-tree oil. If you have tea-tree oil, put one drop of it in your toothpaste right before you brush. You can also put three drops of tea tree oil in a cup of warm water and use it as a mouthwash.
- Avoid skipping meals. Doing so will make your mouth dry which becomes a place for bacteria to multiply.
- Don’t smoke or drink too much alcohol. These two can make your breath smells bad.
- If you are wearing dentures, make sure you sanitize them by soaking them overnight in an antiseptic solution to remove the odor-causing bacteria.